Welcome to Chirnside Common Good
Nominations are invited from members of the community whose names appear on the current Electoral Register for Chirnside Community Council area or who can provide proof of eligibility as advised by the Returning Officer.
The Community Council consists of a maximum of 8 (eight) Members. In the event of there being more nominations than places on the Community Council, an Election will be held.
Nomination Forms can be obtained from:
- Democratic Services Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 01835 825005
- Chirnside Community Council website at: email@example.com or use the contact form on this web site
- Scottish Borders Council https://www.scotborders.gov.uk/downloads/download/372/community_council_elections
- M & G Renton, Newsagents, Main Street, Chirnside.
The final date for the return of completed Nomination Forms is 12 NOON ON FRIDAY 7 SEPTEMBER 2018.
Please find attached a press release regarding the H&SC Annual Performance Report 17/18. I would be grateful if you could share this within your own networks. The full report is available through this link: https://www.scotborders.gov.uk/integration Downloadable and printable version click Press Release 060818
We would like to draw your attention to two new Scottish Government funds which we think will be useful to you:
The Place Standard Conversations Fund Closing date: 31st October 2018
Making Places – Community Led Design Closing date: 28th September 2018.
The Transport (Scotland) Bill was introduced by the Cabinet Secretary for Finance and Constitution, Derek Mackay MSP, on 8 June 2018.
The Committee has launched a survey and call for views. We encourage everyone to fill in a short anonymous online survey to share your views. The deadline for submissions will be Friday 28 September 2018.
Alzheimer Scotland Befriending Service is now recruiting Volunteer Befrienders
As a befriender, you can help to make a real difference to the lives of people living with dementia in the following ways:
• Provide companionship
• Boost people’s confidence and self esteem
• Motivate people to take up hobbies and interests again
• Encourage people to take part in local groups and activities