Nominations are invited from members of the community whose names appear on the current Electoral Register for Chirnside Community Council area or who can provide proof of eligibility as advised by the Returning Officer.
The Community Council consists of a maximum of 8 (eight) Members. In the event of there being more nominations than places on the Community Council, an Election will be held.
Nomination Forms can be obtained from:
- Democratic Services Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 01835 825005
- Chirnside Community Council website at: email@example.com or use the contact form on this web site
- Scottish Borders Council https://www.scotborders.gov.uk/downloads/download/372/community_council_elections
- M & G Renton, Newsagents, Main Street, Chirnside.
The final date for the return of completed Nomination Forms is 12 NOON ON FRIDAY 7 SEPTEMBER 2018.
FORMS (Originals) SHOULD BE RETURNED TO:
Democratic Services Officer for Chirnside Community Council Election
FREEPOST RRBU – KBCB – JBJG
Scottish Borders Council Headquarters
Newtown St Boswells
downloadable and printable Notice of election – Chirnside CC – August-September 2018
CHIRNSIDE COMMUNITY COUNCIL
ELECTION TIMETABLE – AUGUST/SEPTEMBER 2018
Returning Officer – Councillor Carol Hamilton
10 August 2018: Nomination period opens and lasts from 10 August until 12 noon on 7 September 2018. Blank Nomination Forms to be made available from:-
- Democratic Services Tel: 01835 825005 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scottish Borders Council website – https://www.scotborders.gov.uk/downloads/download/372/community_council_elections
- Chirnside Community Council website –
- email@example.com or use the contact form on this web site (downloadable and printable nomination forms Nomination Form for Chirnside CC Election – August-September 2018)
- M & G Renton, Newsagent, Main Street, Chirnside.
Completed Nomination Forms to be returned to Democratic Services, Scottish Borders Council using the Freepost address.
- 7 September 2018: Nominations close at 12 noon on that day.
- 7 September 2018: Start of seven day period for withdrawals. This lasts from 7 – 14 September 2018.
- 7 September 2018: Letters to candidates informing them of the validity of their Nomination and the next stage of the process.
- 14 September 2018: Letters sent to Candidates. These will be either appointment letters along with Notice of the first meeting of the new Community Council or notification that a ballot will take place.
- 14 September 2018: Publication of Notice of Election (if contested).
- 14 September 2018: Ballot to be held if necessary. This allows for the required seven days notice of a Ballot to be given.
- 14 September 2018: Following a Ballot, letters sent to Candidates re outcome of the vote. This letter would include the formal Agenda for the first part of the first meeting of the new Community Council, ie Welcome to new Community Council and Election of Chairman. The Returning Officer will Chair this part of the meeting.
- 26 September 2018: New Community Council meets for the first time.
downloadable and printable election timetable Election Timetable – Chirnside CC – August-September 2018