Our area is supplied by Rawburn Water Treatment Works which is currently running at full capacity. The works supplies fresh clean drinking water to: Ayton, Birgham, Burnmouth, Chirnside, Coldingham, Coldstream, Duns, Eccles, Eyemouth, Gavinton, Grantshouse, Greenlaw, Houndswood, Hutton, Leithholm, Northfield, Paxton, Reston, St Abbs and Swinton.
By taking small and simple measures, customers can help to ensure we can continue to supply water to homes and businesses.
Simple steps we can take to use water efficiently include:
- Using a bucket of water instead of a hose to wash your car or only washing windscreens and headlights and brake lights
- Using a watering can instead of a hose to water gardens and plants
- Taking a shower instead of a bath and making it a short shower
- Only using washing machines or dishwashers fully loaded
- Turning off the tap when brushing teeth and shaving
By working together we can keep the water cycle flowing during this warm weather.