Welcome to Chirnside Common Good
Donate NOW to help people in Chirnside!
To support our volunteers and vulnerable folk in need in our community, we have setup a dedicated TotalGiving™ Appeal.
By giving £10 or more if you can afford it, or whatever you can afford, you could be supporting a family in lockdown, a self employed person, some one in isolation or struggling with the benefit system!
All donations received up to midnight 31st July 2020 will be used to help people in the Chirnside Community Council area coping with the CV-19 pandemic and to alleviate ensuing hardship.
for more information click hereTo donate £10 NOW click the button below.
for more information click here
Chirnside Covid 19 Local Support
If you require help in anyway; know of someone who does; or would like to offer help, contact us on the numbers below or the link on our contact page
- Mike or Gill - 01890 819058 or 07906 868916
- Steven - 07793 011748
- Sara - 07341 879599
- Mike - 07479 985075
In an emergency call 999 as usual. If you have to visit the surgery please wash your hands on entry and observe the 2 metre rule!
Support your local businesses, they support you!
In all cases please respect individual arrangements for staff protection and remember 2 metres.
- M&G Renton (Post Office, news and shop); Offering a delivery service in Chirnside to the vulnerable, please contact 01890818392 if you require this service.
- The Cheery Pear Weekly Fruit & Veg box deliveries contact 07706 722168
- Ross Dougal Fish van. every Wednesday morning around the village, about 10 am in Football Club car park.
- Fish & Chip shop; FREE delivery service will be available to the elderly and vulnerable on a Friday and Saturday evening, call 01890 818481. Phoned orders can also be brought to your car. This will continue until officially stopped.
- Fruit, veg and salad boxes are also available phone the Shop 01890 818 481
- Hogg's Butchers, 01890819830, open Tue to Fri 8 till 4, Saturday 8 till 1,doesn't close for lunch Will take orders, delivery through Chirnside Resilience Group volunteers.
- Co-op; Locally, Normal hours, 7am to 10pm.
- Chirnside Pharmacy ; Hours as normal, but may be subject to change. Allow at least 72 hours for prescriptions to be processed. Arrange collection if at all possible, as delivery capacity is limited.
Support your local show by entering your lovely home grown flowers, vegetables and fruit.
Includes the great Chirnside Bake Off, enter your cakes, biscuits and puddings – no soggy bottoms please!!
Craft and children’s classes, plus the Geranium Challenge. New entrants welcome!
Potato Challenge 2018 The Weigh-In 2-3pm on Sunday 19 August
Bring your potato bucket to the official weigh-in at Crosshill Car Park to find out how well your potatoes have grown